Sunday, November 13, 2016

Dear Student, From your guide

Dear Student,
I am your teacher. I will push you to dig deeper. I will implore you to ask more questions. I will encourage you to think, watch, observe, listen, hope, work, and do. I am also your guide on this journey, if even for only a brief moment. Additionally, I am your champion, your leader, your supporter, your cheerleader. If it is important to you, it is important to me. I may miss some of the important moments, but if given even half the chance, I will be there. I will be there in class to instruct and guide you. I will be there, after school to help you through the difficult math problems. I will be there to cheer you on as you work toward your own personal goals. This evening, I cheered for two of my students as they played in their All-Star football game. Previously, I cheered as two of my (former) students participated in a water polo tournament. I have led hikes. I have spent lunches with students. I have asked questions.

Sometimes, I get it right, Sometimes I'm not quite where you need me. But, believe me, I support you.

I hope for the best for you. I am a cheerleader. Perhaps I am not the biggest or the loudest, but I am your cheerleader. Dear student, you are why I do what I do. Even my own children know it. I hope you know it as well.

Dear student, your success is important to me because it is important to and for you.

Sincerely,
You teacher, your guide, your facilitator of learning,
Ms. Remkiewicz
Ms. R
Ms. Rem

p.s.
Be awesome. Be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment